Sunday, September 30, 2012

Who's Agenda?

There was so much in today's sermon that didn't stick with me. At first I thought it was because I was distracted by my restless five-year old or by the many things on my "to do" list. Both of those may have been contributing factors, but more likely I was trying to ignore the Spirit's prompting to pay attention.

It turned out to be another example of God working despite me. He made it very clear through our pastor that my communication with Him has been about my own agendas in life and "expecting" His blessing of them rather than about His agenda for my life.

Don't we all do this to some extent, or am I the only one? It's not easy to admit and not going to be an easy road to follow, but isn't that what faith and trusting God are all about? - Having the confidence in our Almighty Lord and Savior to have our best interests in His plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment